The HERDSA Fellowship is an award open to all HERDSA members to apply for. The process provides mentored development as applicants (Associate Fellows) reflect on their practice and produce a portfolio documenting this. The Fellowship offers professional acknowledgement and recognition of the Fellow’s expertise and continuing enhancement of their teaching practice. This workshop will outline the process for those wishing to learn more, and provide an opportunity for those already engaged in the process to clarify aspects and share their experience with other Associate Fellows. The workshop will be useful for those who have engaged in the TATAL workshops and want to take the next step towards the Fellowship.
- Clarify the process of developing a HERDSA Fellowship Portfolio
- Identify common pitfalls and challenges experienced by applicants
- Examine the assessment process of the portfolio
- Plan to progress their portfolio
The workshop will provide activities for participants to learn about developing their portfolio from the perspective of applicants, mentors and assessors. The workshop will include information presentation, discussion opportunities, as well as writing and critiquing activities.
The University of Western Australia, Perth, email@example.com
Lee has been a member of the HERDSA executive and a HERDSA Fellow since 2013. She has had experience in mentoring and assessing HERDSA Fellows. She recently moved into the HERDSA Fellowship portfolio and is keen to see a reinvigoration of the Fellowship. As an academic developer she has a particularly strong interest in working with early career academics. Her research interests extend to undergraduate research and service learning.
- Key Dates
- Call for Proposals Open 12 September 2016
- Registration Opens 19 September 2016
- Call for Refereed Paper Abstracts Closes 23 October 2016
- Notification of Acceptance for Refereed Paper Abstracts 15 November 2016
- Full Paper from Accepted Abstracts Due 6 February 2017
- All Other Submission Types Due 20 February 2017
- Notification of Acceptance for All Other Submission Types 10 April 2017
- Early Bird Registration Extended till 12 May 2017
- Pre-Conference Workshops 27 June 2017
- HERDSA 2017 Conference 28 – 30 June 2017