Museums & Galleries
Be inspired and delve into Sydney's history, culture and artistic talent at one of several quality museums around the city.
The Australian Museum is the country's first museum. It houses an extensive natural science and cultural artefacts collections and runs engaging public programs and exhibitions.
The Art Gallery of NSW is one of Australia's leading art museums. It houses a distinguished collection of colonial and 19th-century Australian works and European old masters. It also has dedicated galleries celebrating the arts of Asia and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art.
The Museum of Contemporary Art has an impressive collection of cutting-edge art from Australia and the world. It has a vibrant schedule of visiting exhibitions and public programs. Set at the edge of Sydney Harbour in The Rocks, its rooftop café enjoys unparalleled views of Circular Quay and the Sydney Opera House.
Australians are closely linked to the sea through commerce, defence, exploration, immigration, adventure, sport and play. The Australian National Maritime Museum captures these themes with fascinating artefacts, lively exhibitions, fun activities and even the chance to board ships and experience life on the water.
Other useful links
- Key Dates
- Call for Proposals Open 12 September 2016
- Registration Opens 19 September 2016
- Call for Refereed Paper Abstracts Closes 23 October 2016
- Notification of Acceptance for Refereed Paper Abstracts 15 November 2016
- Full Paper from Accepted Abstracts Due 6 February 2017
- All Other Submission Types Due 20 February 2017
- Notification of Acceptance for All Other Submission Types 10 April 2017
- Early Bird Registration Extended till 12 May 2017
- Pre-Conference Workshops 27 June 2017
- HERDSA 2017 Conference 28 – 30 June 2017